Thursday, February 3, 2011

still here. ish.

After the fervent posting of December, followed by the loud silence of January, friends and family ask, where are you?

Many times since starting this blog in 2007(?) I have wrestled with whether or not writing "publicly" is a productive use of my writing time. Sometimes it seems it is. And sometimes not so much. And so I have found myself turning to my journal again, and it's been comforting for the moment. I'm less inhibited on those pages, and less worried about whether my writing is really the fulfillment of some kind of egomania.

And yet, here I am, letting you know where I am. Old habits. . . .

Oh, and I'm also writing about running at: tricia-5050.blogspot.com. I'm re-vamping that site to make it more interactive. I'm envisioning a runner's forum. Join us.

2 comments:

Shannon Nevin said...

I'm glad to see you, "Ish Trish". I closed my fb account because I'm on it too much. I really have a problem/addiction w/ it, and I'm DONE. So, I look forward to following you along your blogs, and I just might need to start mine up again as well. You know, for the fans.

tricia said...

Shannon, you are still my hero. I took a "FB hiatus" in January and it was lovely. Then I went back. I think I might follow your lead, though, and try to break the addiction.

Yeah, start your blog again. Otherwise I'll have serious Shannon withdrawal. I am, after all, your biggest fan :]